The Many Benefits of a Steel Framed Home
Although steel framed houses have been around for a while they are fast becoming a popular choice. With constant product development more and more people are realising the overall benefits of steel framed homes.
Here are some of the many benefits that come from using steel frames:
- Steel has the highest strength to weight ratio of any load bearing framing option.
- Steel is 100% non-combustible, and it will not contribute to a fire, or the spread of fire.
- Cost effective as there is less labour involved in the manufacturing and assembly of steel frames.
- Steel is better for the environment – it is completely recyclable and has an infinite lifespan.
- Steel frames are lightweight making them easy to handle, transport and manage on site.
- Builders or owner builders enjoy easy installation with fast assembly times.
- Steel frames are precision engineered increasing efficiency and minimising waste.
- 100% resistant to termites, borers, rodents and mould, therefore no ongoing requirement to chemically treat your home. (cost saving)
- Steel frames will not sag, twist, warp or swell over time.
- Steel frame walls are straight and true meaning cladding materials attach faster and easier.
If you have not considered using steel frames before hopefully this will give you food for thought. As you can see there are numerous advantages and there is no doubt that steel framing is seen as the future of house framing and with greater awareness its popularity will continue to grow.
Here at Instant Home Solutions our customers enjoy the benefits of steel frames on all of our kit homes and granny flats, giving them great peace of mind. If you have any questions or would like to know more just simply contact us here.